lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: possible to filter the output to commits@ list????
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:45:36 GMT
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

>  It was just a bit of a shocker for me the first time I did it and I see like 30 files
changed when I only changed one file.

Me too.  In fact I think it's ridiculous -- violates principle of
least surprise.  I shouldn't have to see such details of the source
control system's impl....

Furthermore, I think it may eventually turn into a serious perf issue,
since it seems to be an O(N^2) growth.  We are at 7 emails today,
which was only 3 emails not long ago.  Where will be be a few months
from now?  (Though I guess it is bounded by the total number of source
files we have in 3.x...).

Maybe svn is trying to tell us to release 4.0, heh ;)

Mike