lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Integration builds for branches
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:46:57 GMT
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> True, but that still helps to find those little things that come out
> if you run on trunk which can be fixed earlier. I don't think that
> shooting those build mails to the dev list makes any sense. it should
> go to individuals working on that branch.

I don't think it should send private emails.

> We have the infrastructure why not running such a build a on commit
> and once or twice a day... I don't see any reason why we shouldn't

one or twice a day, this is different than 24/7.  Then again, building
on commit for a branch with one guy working on it (especially since i
don't see a particularly large amount of commits going to any
branches) seems overkill: that person could just run ant test
themselves.

And at the moment, I have trouble understanding how this would be
really helpful since trunk/branch-3x itself are not even yet stable
with regards to tests...