lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Khash Sajadi <kh...@sajadi.co.uk>
Subject Using filters to speed up queries
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:18:48 GMT
My index contains documents for different users. Each document has the user
id as a field on it.

There are about 500 different users with 3 million documents.

Currently I'm calling Search with the query (parsed from user)
and FieldCacheTermsFilter for the user id.

It works but the performance is not great.

Ideally, I would like to perform the search only on the documents that are
relevant, this should make it much faster. However, it seems Search(Query,
Filter) runs the query first and then applies the filter.

Is there a way to improve this? (i.e. run the query only on a subset of
documents)

Thanks