lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Continuous Integration builds for branches
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:22:49 GMT
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Simon Willnauer
<> wrote:
> I bring this on the list from a quick discussion on IRC with uwe.
> Since we have these very valuable tests for Solr/Lucene trunk I would
> like to propose the same thing for the big feature branches like
> "realtime" and "docvalues". We usually move features to trunk to let
> them bake in a bit and lets random test run to catch problems early.

I have a few concerns:

* If a branch is stable enough that you are worried about running 24/7
random tests to find little things, I think that means its time to
merge it to trunk?

* In a lot of cases, I think a branch is going to be a bit too
unstable for this kinda thing, people are going to be ripping things
apart, thats why they have a branch. Even trunk seems a bit too
unstable with the tests at the moment (though its improving)

* In a lot of cases a branch is a single person, maybe two working on
it. If tests start bombing, maybe they are on vacation for two weeks
and thats a lot of spam.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message