lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.0.3 Release Date
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:12:00 GMT
+1 to do the next bugfix release for 2.9.x and 3.0.x.

In general I think whenever we backport an important bug fix (which,
if we are backporting to 2.9.x/3.0.x, it's only because it is in fact
important!), we should do the point release.

I commented on LUCENE-2675...

Mike

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I am talking about LUCENE-2675. I want to get this in - it is simple and makes work easier
when you move from 2.9 to 3.0 or vice versa during development. Any other comments from others
except Robert *g*?

> I would manage to build 2.9.4 and 3.0.3 in parallel, sync the changes.txt and merge the
combined ones to trunk/3.x. That's most of the work, the build itself is easy with my scripts
:-) I just need the information, if there is anything else that should go into 2.9.4/3.0.3.