lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the maximum number of documents that can be indexed ?
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:58:39 GMT
Marco (use solr-user@lucene list to follow up, please),

There are no precise answers to such questions.  Solr can keep indexing.  The
limit is, I think, the available disk space.  I've never pushed Solr or Lucene
to the point where Lucene index segments would become a serious pain, but even
that can be controlled.  Same thing with number of open files, large file
support, etc.

Otis
----