lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Smith <tsm...@attivio.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.0.3 Release Date
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:36:41 GMT
  the situation where i saw this was effectively committing after every
document update (i know, not good practice, but it is what it is)
also, i hold onto the same IW for the life of the vm (i've always found
closing and reopening IW's while feeding to be very messy and result in
issues, especially if disk space is low, etc)
within the span of a day or less, memory would grow to a very noticeable
size just due to the synch hash map

i've been using the lucene-2328 patch on lucene 3.0.2 for some time now
with no issue
obviously, i would like to back out my custom overlays (and not have to
port them to 3.0.3)

  -- Tim