lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Analyzer forcing tokenStream and reusableTokenStream to be final
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:59:59 GMT
We simply added that to *test* the bundled analyzers for conformance. If you
don't like that, you can simply disable assertions for the org.apache.lucene
package.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Shai Erera [mailto:serera@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:53 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Analyzer forcing tokenStream and reusableTokenStream to be
final

I still don't understand how not declaring my tokenStream and
reusableTokenStream final can break anything. The methods are there (in my
analyzers), and if I risk overriding them somewhere else it's my problem.

What am I missing?

To add to your email - I too didn't encounter an analyzer that cannot be
reused, yet.

Shai

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> If someone doesn't override both (e.g. they just override
> tokenStream), then it wouldnt actually use their subclasses code. So
> then the reflection hack from LUCENE-1678 would force the analyzer to
> never re-use, but instead call tokenStream: but this is very bad for
> indexing performance!

Here's a jira issue with an example of how the
tokenstream/reusableTokenStream confusion makes this a real problem in
practice: