lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Local Params syntax not protecting Shingles in DisMax from Lucene query parser
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:22:22 GMT

: Subject: Local Params syntax not protecting Shingles in DisMax from Lucene
:     query parser

: I really like the DisMax query parser, but of course its main design is a
: bit at odds with shingles and phrases.  But I'd seen folks talk about using
: the local parameters syntax.  For example, Chris had chimed in a while back
: suggesting this approach:
: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/ea7b0b27b1b17b1c/re_replacing_fast_functionality_atsesam_no_shinglefilter_exactmatching

To be clear: nothing about the local params syntax will "protect" shingles
-- in that thread you linked to i wasn't suggesting that using localparams
would make the problem go away, i was pointing out that the
"field" QParser has no meta-characters of any kind (ie: does not treat
whitespace as special) and passes the entire query string to the Analyzer
for the "f" field.  I was just using local params as a way to trigger the
field QParser (defType would have been another way)

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!