lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Getting facets for a field from within a SearchComponent
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:24:23 GMT

: I'm writing my first SearchComponent to do custom calculations on search
: results. Is it possible to get the facet values for a field from within a
: SearchComponent? I've thought of adapting the StatsComponent and
: FieldFacetStats classes to try and accomplish this. But before I try that,
: is there an API call I could make instead?

1) if you configure your component to run after the FacetComponent, then
the result will already have the facet values available for you access.

2) the faceting code is the StatsComponent makes a lot of bad assumptions,
so it has some known bugs -- i would not recomend borrowing that code.

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!