lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lucene-java Wiki] Trivial Update of "ReleaseTodo" by YonikSeeley
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:36:26 GMT

On Sep 20, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>  And it certainly isn't up to you alone to decide by placing it on the Wiki as a
"trivial" update.

> Most of the updates to that page were made w/o consensus, just as mine
> was.

You know there is a difference.  In the past, updates were made to the steps involved and
subsequent RM's went and followed them or improved them.  Your update was to say throw all
that work out, if you so desire, and do what you want.  While, yes, I will agree it is not
official, it is the de facto standard by which we have done releases and RM's have always
worked to it.  So, yes, we can argue the semantics of a wiki page, but the intent of that
page, IMO, is that the RM follow it and that has, AFAICT, always been how RMs have acted when
doing releases.

-Grant