lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Now, a lost data problem with trunk too
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:10:55 GMT
Yes. Of course.  My oversight.

So I did the obvious thing and searched for the value field directly, and it is there:

<str name="id">POI|DEU:205:20187477:1014564|brandenburger tor</str><str name="language">ger</str><str
name="latitude">52.39935</str><str name="longitude">13.04793</str><str
name="reference">brandenburger tor, potsdam, deutschland</str>


So, something about the way I am searching for it is not right.  Looking elsewhere.

Karl


________________________________________
From: ext Simon Willnauer [simon.willnauer@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:52 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Now, a lost data problem with trunk too

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM,  <karl.wright@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It looks like the handle leak may be real - Simon Willnauer has been looking at it and
could not find an explanation for the behavior I have been seeing.  But before we got too
far on that problem, I encountered what appears to be an even more serious problem.  Specifically,
I'm losing field data out of some records.
>
> The index I'm building is fairly large - some 25M records when complete.  What I'm seeing
is that the main searchable field ("value") is not finding all the records it should.  I was
able to locate one such record just now:
>
> curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/nose/standard?fl=*,score&q=id:\"POI|DEU:205:20187477:1014564|brandenburger+tor\""
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <response>
> <lst name="responseHeader"><int name="status">0</int><int name="QTime">95</int><lst
name="params"><str name="q">id:"POI|DEU:205:20187477:1014564|brandenburger tor"</str><str
name="fl">*,score</str></lst></lst><result name="response" numFound="1"
start="0" maxScore="17.335964"><doc><float name="score">17.335964</float><str
name="entityid">POI|DEU:205:20187477:1014564|brandenburger tor</str><str name="id">POI|DEU:205:20187477:1014564|brandenburger
tor</str><str name="reference">brandenburger tor, potsdam, deutschland</str><str
name="type">poi</str> ... </doc></result>
> </response>
>
> .. but it is completely missing the supposedly required "value" field:
>
>   <!-- The value field.  This contains the actual string that will be matched.-->
>   <field name="value" type="string_idx"  required="true" stored="false"/>
that does not show up since it is not stored - maybe thats the reason :)

simon
>
> The code that does the indexing is straightforward, and *some* of the records of this
class are indeed searchable via the "value" field, but others aren't.  I know the "value"
field is non-empty, because it is used to construct the "id" field, which is correct above.
>
> Simon is also looking into this one, but if anyone else has advice for figuring out what's
going wrong, please let me know.  FWIW, this is a trunk build from Monday morning.
>
> Karl
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message