lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:01:21 GMT
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yonik@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> With what part?  Do you mean to say you wish to make maven a required
> part of our releases?
> If so, perhaps you should call a vote?

It sounds like maybe we should, since the situation seems ambiguous at the
moment, and there is a lot of different opinions/disagreement.

Though we should make it clear what we are voting on:
1. having the maven stuff in our source code.
2. maven being part of the release process.

As far as #1 goes, to me its just like any other code. We have some other
code already with no tests and I don't think thats reason to remove it from
the source tree, when it can be improved by adding tests.

However, I don't think its acceptable that the release process (#2) is
currently undefined wrt maven. I think we need to get this nailed down, i
think we need a well-defined release process.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com