lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject ChainingCollector
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:17:48 GMT
Hi

We wrote a Collector which chains a bunch of other Collectors. Is there such
a utility in Lucene? I didn't find one ...

Collectors are one of the strong APIs, IMO, that Lucene offers and we take
advantage of them in many ways. ChainingCollector allows ... well, chaining
... a bunch of Collector, w/o them needing to know or care about each other,
and Lucene's API behaves well as well with it, since it is a Collector on
its own.

So if there isn't such a utility in Lucene, I thought it'd be a great
addition (as I'm sure we're not the only ones that do it). What do you
think? It's nothing too fancy or sophisticated, but more of a convenience
class.

Shai