lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene-java Wiki] Trivial Update of "ReleaseTodo" by YonikSeeley
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:04:51 GMT
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2010, at 1:07 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> It does not list iron-clad requirements - it is there simply to help.
>
> Again, I disagree.  Having done a number of releases, it would simply be impossible
without it

Usefulness certainly does not imply "officialness" and certainly does
not imply that everything on there is mandatory.
We've never needed anything quote so iron-clad in the past - we were
able to use our judgments to adapt as necessary.  And individuals went
and updated that page with helpful things because no one was under the
impression that anything there was binding.

-Yonik