lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:55:07 GMT
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still think Maven should be a downstream issue.

+1

Maven has never been a required part of our releases, and I don't
think we should change that.

We should also keep in mind that there's nothing really official about
a "release manager".
There's no reason the person(s) that signed the normal release need to
be the same person that signs the maven stuff (but it should be a PMC
member if it's hosted by the ASF).

If there are people around during a release that want to handle the
maven stuff, that seems fine.  It does *not* have to be the release
manager.  It seems fine to make reasonable accommodations if some are
working on making maven artifacts available at roughly the same... but
if not,  it should not hold up the release.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8