lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:40:28 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> We've been providing Maven releases since 2005.  That's Lucene 1.2!!!!!!!!!  That's
pretty much longer than everyone here has been a committer other than Hatcher and Otis.  So,
yeah, I do think it is removing a pretty big feature.

I really wanted to exit this discussion - but it's not true *we've*
been providing maven releases since xxx.

Doug's release of 1.9 didn't have maven.
My release of 2.1 didn't have maven (though it did have a discussion on it):
http://www.mail-archive.com/java-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg08528.html

AFAIK, people who cared about maven did the work after the fact or something.

-Yonik