lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject removing payload.xml
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:22:19 GMT
I was documenting some field collapsing stuff when I ran across a
response like this (using the example data):

  "grouped":{
    "price:[0 TO 99.99]":{
      "matches":8,
      "doclist":{"numFound":2,"start":0,"docs":[
          {
            "name":"CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail",
            "price":74.99},
          {
            "name":"CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail",
            "price":74.99}]
      }},

At first I thought something was horribly wrong with the grouping...
but on expanding all the fields, I realized that some of the documents
were copies of others, with the ID field changed, and a payload field
added.  I imagine others will make the same mistake, so I'm going to
simply move the payload fields to the originial docs and remove
payload.xml

Does anyone know of any Solr docs that need to be adjusted as part of
this?  I couldn't find anything on payloads in our wiki.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8