lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:12:05 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Andi Vajda <> wrote:

> For example, I recently did an experimental build of Tika for Python using
> JCC. Tika's Maven tricks pulled in a very large number - dozens - of
> dependencies that had I had to download and build them all by myself
> manually, I would maybe not have spent that time with Tika to begin with.
> Of course, Lucene is quite the opposite. Besides a JDK (and possibly ICU),
> it depends on nothing else. The need for Maven support is less obvious there
> too.
Well, this is of interest to us too I think. Because (though its not flushed
out) we are talking about possibly Lucene + Solr releases at the same time.

Solr has Tika integration, and even apart from that brings in other
dependencies too, much more than any lucene modules do.

Robert Muir

View raw message