lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:09:40 GMT
> I cannot in good conscience sign with my key, nor vote over any maven
> artifacts. I noticed these guides only mentioned how to upload (which itself
> seems extremely complex). But nowhere do i see 'how do you test that your
> artifacts are correct'. And thats really the main problem I have with our
> maven support.

I understand what you are worried about... and think we can avoid it.
How about:

1. Keep the "generate-maven-artifacts" in the release.  This just
copies the "official" jar files to a special directory structure (same
keys etc)
2. The RM just makes a zip or copies that folder somewhere.  (perhaps
to their own ~people folder)
3. Someone else get that into the repo

I think it is important to *try* to have the "official" jar files in
the maven repositories -- we have scripts that get that mostly right.
In the past when we have errors it is just the pom files that get
edited (these are the files that say what the other files/dependencies
are).  If we remove the "generate-maven-artifacts" task, then without
writing lots of new scripts (uggg) the jar files in the maven repos
will be a different build.

Does that sound OK?

ryan