lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Trunk file handle leak?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:07:47 GMT
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM,  <karl.wright@nokia.com> wrote:
> (1) There are periodic commits, every 10,000 records.
> (2) I have no searcher/reader open at the same time, that I am aware of.  This is a
straight indexing task.  (You ought to know, you wrote some of the code!)

A commit currently opens a new searcher in Solr.
It's not too hard to go past 1024 descriptors - either raise the limit
to 10240 or something, use the compound file format, or lower the
merge factor.

> (3) I *do* see auto warming being called, but it seems not to happen at the same time
as a commit, but rather afterwards.

> Once it starts happening, this happens repeatedly on every commit.

This would also be expected - it's at a point where there are too many
files for your descriptors.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8