lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site Redesign contest?
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:34:48 GMT
Wasn't some company offering us their services in designing a new
website not too long ago on the mailing list? They used Solr and wanted
to contribute back in some way. Perhaps we should respond to them and
get some more information.

- Mark

On 9/24/10 2:26 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Dan Cardin wrote:
>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> $500 will get you a wire frame PDF from most designers. Coding it to HTML, Css and
Javascript into the CMS is the expensive part.

>> Suggestion:
>> You could include the incentive that the designer/designing company would be allowed
to put the company name in the footer of the site. Lucene and Solr are high profile names
that look good in a designer's portfolio.

> Unfortunately, I don't think we can do that but we can ask at the ASF.  Maybe we could
with a no follow link or on the Wiki, but not in the footer.