lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:16:47 GMT
On 2010-09-20 15:21, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I do, agree, though, that Maven makes you drink the Kool-aid and it doesn't play well
with other conventions (although it isn't horrible when it comes to Ant, either).  There are
plenty of days I hate Maven for what it assumes, but there are also many days when I love
the fact that the POM describes my project in one clear, fairly concise, "validatable" way.

We took the middle road in Nutch - we switched to ant+ivy to manage
dependencies. This way we get single copies of all deps, and build.xml
is still recognizable and useful. Of coure, this doesn't solve the
publishing part of Maven functionality (yet).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><