lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:22:22 GMT
I can see leaving the build support around for those committers that
like and want to support Maven - I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to rip it
out short term. But I still think it should be completely outside of the
RM's cares (as Yonik claims it is now - I'd like to see a bit of
consensus on it though). The RM does the Lucene release - someone steps
up and does the Maven stuff or they don't.

P.S. Every time I have had to do the Maven stuff, there has been issues
with uploading the files (permissions are always a little off), or other
little things that some dude's maven repo wathcing script pings me about
- even when i follow the release todo to a T. It's annoying and a hassle
to handle these situations - for Solr 1.4.1 I took forever too fix the
Maven repo - first I said: someone who cares about maven please step up
- no one did. Eventually I went and got it done because I felt
responsibility as the RM. Personally, I think all those little issues
should be on some that cares about supporting Maven - it's separate from
releasing the Lucene/Solr bits.

- Mark