lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:49:56 GMT
On 9/18/10 1:31 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think we are more saying, lets drop it from part of the official
>> release process.
>
> To clarify - it never really was part of the official release process,
> (just as the referenced wiki pages and much on them never were either)
> - it was sort of on a release-by-release basis.  We've never
> officially set release policy to be anything other than what is
> strictly required by the ASF.  But further clarification on what we
> *want* to do isn't a bad thing...
>
> -Yonik
> http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

Well, you have always claimed that as de jure, I think defacto is that
it's part of the release. And the defacto is to follow the 'release to
do' best as makes sense (I'm not sure the Solr release to do wiki always
makes much sense). I've been waiting for the day that you release Lucene
and drop all consideration for Maven as you have said you would likely
do - but I think most of us feel it's pretty much on the list and this
general agreement will free us of our conscious. I was ready to follow
your coat tails to freedom, but this way lets me off easier I think.

- Mark