lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: lia2 tests for branch_3x ?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:06:20 GMT
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 05:42:48PM -0400, Michael McCandless wrote:
> So maybe another option is to have the CHANGES.txt entry describes the
> addition of these tests and include a link to Manning's site?
>
> CHANGES.txt is our normal way for giving attribution so this seems reasonable?

+0.1.  OK by me.

There are a lot of important contributions that don't make it into
CHANGES.txt, so I'd still say that the canonical record is the SVN log.  And
going forward, I'm uncomfortable having to draw the line between what's
important enough to go into CHANGES.txt and what isn't.  Rather than giving
credit, the primary purpose of the CHANGES file is to provide users
information they need to know when upgrading, isn't it?

However, I don't want to be too much of a stickler and get in the way of a
nice contribution here and now.

Thanks for the contribution!

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey