lucene-dev mailing list archives

From sreelalsl <sreel...@huawei.com>
Subject Solr HighLighting With wildcard is effected only for Text and String types
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:10:30 GMT

HI ..

As per the SolrIndexSearcher.getStoredHighlightFieldNames  it will return
only Text and String fields.
This method is used in HighLight component to get the FieldNames if hl.fl=*
.

So if i use hl.fl=* , fileds of other types(eg: slong or custom types ) will
not be highlighted.
But we can highlight the slong field if we directly specify
hl.fl=slongfieldname

Is there any reason this is done like this. Whether the check  ( type
instaceof text || type instanceof string)  is required in
getStoredHighlightFieldNames

Thanks...