lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: What is the best way in Solr to perform iterative search?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:16:04 GMT
Thanks - I've got the latter situation, actually.

I presume when you wrote your QueryComponent you did the query first execution, modification,
and second execution all within the equivalent of the prepare() method?  I didn't want to
replace QueryComponent itself, since it does a fair bit of stuff, but maybe I can extend it
and just override the appropriate method...

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:01 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is the best way in Solr to perform iterative search?

I'm not quite clear on what you want ... if you want to "search within
previous search results", simply take the original query and turn it
into an fq parameter for the next request using the new query as the q
parameter.

If you want to take some part of the current results to form a new
query internally to Solr, it sounds like what you want is a custom
QueryComponent.  I've done this, for example, to back off a search
that had zero results and broaden it automatically.  Register a new
QueryComponent as "query" and it'll replace the existing one - in
solrconfig.xml.

	Erik

On Aug 3, 2010, at 12:18 PM, <karl.wright@nokia.com> <karl.wright@nokia.com