lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject What is the best way in Solr to perform iterative search?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 16:18:15 GMT
Folks,

I have a search task which needs to do the following:

-       Do a search
-       Use the results of that search to form a final query, which when executed returns
the overall results

The question is, what is the best way to build components within Solr to handle this request
flow?  My first thought was to construct two QParserPlugin objects, one for each query, and
then perhaps write a custom version of QueryComponent that does the job.   But I certainly
can't put all the above logic into one SearchComponent, because of the requirement that I
need the results from one search to do the subsequent one.  I *could* replace or extend the
requestHandler instead.  Or, I could have multiple SearchComponent's in the pipeline where
one looks at the other's results (will this work???)  Any other ideas?

Karl