lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should analysis.jsp honor maxFieldLength
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:44:08 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Eric Pugh
<epugh@opensourceconnections.com>wrote:

> I created a patch file at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2086.
>  I went with the simplest approach since I didn't want to confuse things by
> having extra filters being added to what the user created.  However, either
> approach would work!

One idea here was that this maxFieldLength might be going away: see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2295 for more information
(though i notice its still not listed as deprecated?).

But for now its worth mentioning: The filter is more flexible, for example
it supports per-field configuration (and of course if you use the filter
instead, which you can do now, it will automatically work in analysis.jsp).

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com