lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: Combined Lucene/Solr Issues
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:55:41 GMT
>> I think I would prefer to just be able to refer to Lucene issues from time to time
in Solr's CHANGES.txt file and obviously, the patch would contain the fix across the source.

I would appreciate creating two issues and use one only for reference
and link it by the one which contains patches and discussion if the
changes are large. Using SOLR- vs. LUCENE- I'd decide on a case by
case basis depending which "project" / "codebase" might undergo the
most significant changes. Generally,  referencing the issues in
CHANGES.TXT sounds like a good idea.