lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Combined Lucene/Solr Issues
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:03:13 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Simon Willnauer <
simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate creating two issues and use one only for reference
> and link it by the one which contains patches and discussion if the
> changes are large. Using SOLR- vs. LUCENE- I'd decide on a case by
> case basis depending which "project" / "codebase" might undergo the
> most significant changes. Generally,  referencing the issues in
> CHANGES.TXT sounds like a good idea.

I don't think this is realistic. often a patch needs to change lucene and
solr code in one commit.

Personally, i don't waste any time thinking about whether the issue is SOLR
or LUCENE, and I think two JIRAs is actually confusing.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com