lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Test Failure: org.apache.lucene.search.TestCachingWrapperFilter.testEnforceDeletions (from TestCachingWrapperFilter)
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:49:56 GMT
Yeah the key should still have a hard ref.

The key is either the SegmentReader instance, or it's CoreReader
instance.  The tests holds a hard ref to the parent reader, which then
references the subs.

I think it may instead be due to CMS, ie, we reopen the reader before
a merge completes, then the merge completes, then the next reopen
(which assumes there will be no changes) sees the completed merge as a
change.

I'll try inserting CMS.sync() to the test...

Mike