lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Possible problem with SimpleFacetsTest in Solr trunk?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:37:00 GMT
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Mark Miller
<mark.miller@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
>  The latest solr tests are spitting out the exception below. Expected?
> Looking at the test, it doesn't look expected - though I'm not sure why
> the test doesn't fail:

Oh, I see what you're saying now.  The tests are not failing even
though they are spitting out that exception.

For whatever historical reasons, when a faceting request fails, an
exception is added to "facets" in the response, and the whole request
still succeeds.

So an xpath test like the following will still succeed:
,"*[count(//lst[@name='facet_fields']/lst/int)=0]"

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8