lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should analysis.jsp honor maxFieldLength
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:25:59 GMT
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org>wrote:

> we could concievable support having LimitTokenCountFilter added implicitly
> even if that option isn't used, via some syntax like you suggest -- but
> honestly i think it's better to just let the user declare it like any
> other filter -- that way it doesn't have any special semantics, and they
> can put it at the end (limit tokens) or at the begining (limit tokenz from
> the tokenizer, but allow more tokens to be added by synonyms, WDF, etc...)

Honestly I think limiting the number of tokens like this makes way more
sense being just an analysis thing, rather than in IndexWriter.

I think we should consider say, deprecating the IndexWriter option in 3.x
and removing in 4.0.

I see Mike asked about this on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2295 but I think his question
got "lost"