lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Combined Lucene/Solr Issues
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:48:46 GMT
Anyone have opinions on dealing with "combined issues" in JIRA.  By this, I mean, issues that
involve both changes to Lucene and Solr.  For instance, I'm doing some work on the spell checker
right now, which I am then immediately implementing in the SpellCheckComponent.  It seems
silly to first open a Lucene issue in JIRA and then also open a Solr issue and link it back
to the Lucene issue, especially when it is a smaller fix.

I think I would prefer to just be able to refer to Lucene issues from time to time in Solr's
CHANGES.txt file and obviously, the patch would contain the fix across the source.  Thoughts?

-Grant