lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James Dyer (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (SOLR-2083) Problem with Distributed SpellCheck
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:31:57 GMT


James Dyer updated SOLR-2083:

    Attachment: SOLR-2083.patch

I think there are 2 related problems here:

1. runs the test 4 times:  first with 1 shard, then
with 2 shards, etc.  In between iterations, it does not clear the Jetty data directories so
the first shard from the 2-shard iteration has all the data from the 1-shard iteration, etc.
 I can work around this by adding "del("*:*");" as the first line in doTest().  Unfortunately
doing this makes the test fail.  I think the problem with the Tester is masking a failing

2. The Component ought to report a word as misspelled if *ALL* of the shards report it as
not in the dictionary.  However, the current implementation returns a word as misspelled if
*ANY* shard reports it as not in the dictionary.

This second patch version resolves the second issue.  The problem with the test may warrant
its own issue. (I used the workaround here).

> Problem with Distributed SpellCheck
> -----------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-2083
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: spellchecker
>            Reporter: James Dyer
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: SOLR-2083.patch, SOLR-2083.patch
> In DistributedSpellCheckTest, if I add 10 additional documents to the index with field
"lowerfilt" containing "The quack red fox jumped over the lazy brown dogs.", then the shard'ed
SpellCheckComponent wants to correct "quick" to "quack".  The control, non-shared'ed component
correctly does not try to correct "quick".  The test subsequently fails.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message