lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Muir (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (LUCENE-2514) Change Term to use bytes
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:45:17 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2514?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Robert Muir updated LUCENE-2514:
--------------------------------

    Attachment: LUCENE-2514_collatedrange.patch

just checkpointing progress, here's my latest patch.

Here i moved the slow functionality (range,sort) out of core and into contrib/queries.
So TermRangeQuery just does byte comparison, nothing fancy.
Additionally TermRangeQuery's API is changed to be more like NumericRangeQuery's, with newStringRange
and newByteRange.

TODO:
* QP's newRangeQuery args should be changed to BytesRef, and newRangeQuery should build ranges
with newByteRange
* contrib/qp needs a new attribute and some other work, and some of the other queryparsers
need more changes too.
* need to add tests (the ones i removed from core) for SlowCollatedRangeQuery and friends.


> Change Term to use bytes
> ------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-2514
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2514
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Search
>    Affects Versions: 4.0
>            Reporter: Robert Muir
>            Assignee: Uwe Schindler
>         Attachments: LUCENE-2514-MTQPagedBytes.patch, LUCENE-2514-MTQPagedBytes.patch,
LUCENE-2514-MTQPagedBytes.patch, LUCENE-2514-surrogates-dance.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch,
LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch,
LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch,
LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514.patch, LUCENE-2514_collatedrange.patch, LUCENE-2514_collatedrange.patch,
LUCENE-2514_qp.patch
>
>
> in LUCENE-2426, the sort order was changed to codepoint order.
> unfortunately, Term is still using string internally, and more importantly its compareTo()
uses the wrong order [utf-16].
> So MultiTermQuery, etc (especially its priority queues) are currently wrong.
> By changing Term to use bytes, we can also support terms encoded as bytes such as numerics,
instead of using
> strange string encodings.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message