lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene Test Failure: org.apache.lucene.search.TestCachingWrapperFilter.testEnforceDeletions (from TestCachingWrapperFilter)
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:34:26 GMT
Weh ad the same on hudson a few days ago. The problem is a too heavy GC
(because if GC is very active it removes the entry from the cache and then
this error occurs).

This is a bug in the test. To test this correctly we can either:
- during test replace WeakHashMap by a conventional HashMap (the map is
package private, maybe we replace it in the test)
- hold a reference to the cache entry during the test (that is the DocIdSet)

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen