Hi Alex,

The spatial contrib has been under heavy development in the last 12 months, and if you look at the JIRA for the contrib, you'll notice there are alot of open issues which we are working through.  The latest issue of major concern is there are some bugs within the cartesian tier filtering process.

If you would like to help, take a look at some of the issues in JIRA and also some of the recent discussions about spatial in the dev mailinglist.  We are always on the lookout for more assistance.

Thanks
Chris