lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r979049 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/solr: ./ example/solr/conf/ src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/ src/java/org/apache/solr/search/ src/test/org/apache/solr/search/ src/test/test-files/solr/conf/
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:03:11 GMT

: Don't we need a note about introducing the new attribute
: in schema version?
: > 1.3: removed optional field compress feature

I don't think so, because (as far as i can tell) we haven't introduced a
new schema version value -- the autoGeneratePhraseQueries has been added
for TextField, and it's default behavior is "true" which is the same as
before.  (correct?)

If we want to change autoGeneratePhraseQueries's default behavior going
forward to be "false" then it would make sense to introduce a new schema
version value, such that schema's with older version values would still
get "true" as a default.

(i could be mistaken though .. i've been deliberately avoiding most of
this discussion on this broader topic because all of hte bickering was
giving me an ulcer -- so i may have overlooked something)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message