lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Build failed in Hudson: Solr-trunk #1204
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:56:53 GMT
: looks like if this test (AutoCommitTest) runs on a slow computer, it can
: commit before this assertion and fail:
:     // Check it it is in the index
:     assertQ("shouldn't find any", req("id:529") ,"//result[@numFound=0]" );
: anyone have ideas how to make this one more robust?

the assert seems bogus -- we should assert that no documents are found 
before we ever add the doc, so that after the corrisponding "wait" for 
autocommit you can be confident that the doc we find is the one we added.

the only utility of an assert like this would be in ensuring that it 
isn't commit *until* the auto commit time has been reached, but we don't 
garuntee that anyway. the setting is "maxTime" not "minTime"

If we needed to assert that the commit happened *at least" X 
ms after the add, we could setup and UpdateProcess to record all the 
operations it recieves, and when in some data structure -- then 
the test can assert that the diff in times is big enough.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message