lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: LevenshteinFilter proposal
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:09:59 GMT
Glad I asked.

I would think that the automaton would be superior even for larger edit distances than 1 or
2 than the equivalent “crappy” algorithm.  But maybe I don’t understand something. ;-)

From: ext Robert Muir []
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: LevenshteinFilter proposal

this is actually done in trunk.

In trunk fuzzy's enum is a "proxy". for low distances (ed=1,2) it uses automaton.

for higher distances it uses the crappy "brute force" method.
but, higher distances still get accelerated if you use a reasonable 'maxExpansions' to FuzzyQuery...
the default is quite bad (1024).

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM, <<>>

FuzzyQuery will do for my purposes, for the interim.  But I suspect that FuzzyQuery could
be made a lot more efficient if it were rebuilt on top of Automaton, no?  I understand that
this would be a trunk project.