lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: TestUTF32ToUTF8.testRandomRegexes fails
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:29:24 GMT
Hmmm this means a bug is lurking.  This is the power of random testing
(that every time we all run tests, we're testing different "paths"
through the code)....

It seems exceptionally unlikely that LUCENE-2537's changes would cause this!

But, unfortunately, when I plug that seed in I don't see it fail,
which is odd.  I'll run a stress test to see if I can tickle the
bug... can you open a Jira issue so we don't lose track?

Mike