lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Misc topic about FreeMind and the SOLR query syntax....
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 01:40:38 GMT
Hmmm, I think I need a goad as well as a goal here. One of the interesting
exports of Freemind is a clickable html "mini website". That is, there's a
single html file (currently 42K) and a stylesheet and some icons. In the end
it provides a pretty nifty representation. This solves the problem of people
having to download Freemind in order to get any value out of it. There's no
reason NOT to make the freemind file available too though.

The problem is that I don't think it works very well on the Wiki. The html
has things like:

img src="QuerySyntax.html_files/hide.png"

where QuerySyntax.html_files is a directory. I'm not familiar enough with
the SOLR Wiki to try this, but it strikes me as something that Wikis aren't
built for. I'd be glad to be told differently.

Let's claim that the Wiki is a poor fit. Would anyone like to host the html?
I'd be willing to work steadily on adding bits to it, and, of course, anyone
else who wanted to could modify it with freemind. The actual base file is
just an xml file, so there's even a chance that it could go under svn
somewhere and maybe even svn could reconcile differences. It would still be
tricky for more than one person to edit it at a time. But that would be for
the future.

Rather than SVN, the other possibility is that the xml file just lives as a
Jira, with "committing" being the act of generating the html and putting it
in the right place.

If anyone's interested, I'd be glad to zip up the current version so someone
could expand it locally and see that the web page looks like.

Regardless, I'll continue to work on it for my own benefit, some of us are
"organizationally challenged".

Let me know
Erick