lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Web-Based Luke
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:54:24 GMT
On 2010-07-12 09:14, John Wang wrote:
> share FE with luke is defn a good idea.
>
> any thoughts on putting webluke up on goog code or github?

Guys, if you want to move forward with webluke, I think it's better to
do this under Lucene contrib. The reason is that if there's a
substantial development done outside Apache then it will need a code
grant, and also it's more difficult for other Lucene committers to
participate in the outside development and to bring its results back to ASF.

I'm perfectly willing to donate all Luke's code to ASF, as I've said
many times in the past, if there's any chance of someone stepping in and
removing the Thinlet dependency. I'm also willing to work together as a
Lucene committer on an abstracted Luke core, if not on the GWT front-end
(I don't know GWT and I have too little time to learn it now).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><