lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chantal Ackermann <chantal.ackerm...@btelligent.de>
Subject Re: SOLR > SolrJ : SolrServer using Http Components
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:44:46 GMT
Hi Hoss,

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 04:45 +0200, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : is there already someone working or using an implementation of
> : SolrServer that uses Http Components (http://hc.apache.org/) ?
>
> I think the lack of reply is the answer to your question.

Thanks for the confirmation. :-)

> : someone is already working on it - maybe we can create a Jira issue und
> : synchronize the work? (The migration is not too complex, but the API has
> : changed quite a lot.)
>
> Please feel free to open a Jira issue, and post anything you think might
> help get the ball rolling.

Ok, I have an implementation (HttpComponentsSolrServer) that I tried to
keep as close to the CommonsHttpSolrServer as possible. In the parts of
POST there changed quite a lot, I think. Also, I think that compression
is now handled by the new version but was not previously, so I removed
that part from the response processing.
I don't have any tests and I haven't checked thoroughly for existing
unit tests in the trunk, yet. But I have it running in our system, so at
least it seems to handle GET requests just as CommonsHttpSolrServer did
before.

I will open a Jira issue and provide the code. Tests shall follow.

Chantal