lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Distributed search forces standard request handler?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:58:19 GMT

: I registered a request handler named after my application.  Aside from
: various defaults that I configured, I also registered some components
: I've written. When I tried to do a distributed search, I noticed that
: the secondary Solr requests internal to the workings of the distributed
: search were going to the standard request handler, not the one fielding
: the distributed search.  As such, I found it necessary to duplicate my

can you elaborate on what you mean by "standard request handler" ? ...
what is hte actual URL that shows up in your access log on each of hte
shards?

I believe what may be happening is that when you execute a query like...

  http://coordinator/solr/foobar?shard=shardA/solr/1,shardB/solr/2&...

...the resulting distributed queries look like...

  http://shardA/solr/1/select?qt=/foobar&...
  http://shardB/solr/2/select?qt=/foobar&...

...which should work, assuming you have the 'handleSelect="true"' option
in your solrconfig.xml (the only reason not to have it is if you need to
support really ugly legacy formating behavior from the /select URL, and if
you are using distributed searching then presumably you aren't stuck in
hte dark ages)

NOTE: this is largely speculation on my part ... i haven't tested to
verify that's actually what it's doing.  (I also have a vague recollection
that this may have changed in Solr 1.4 to be less confusing)

-Hoss