lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: velocity response writer breaks portability
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:51:29 GMT

: > +0 ... i'd prefer to keep the solr.war as lite as possible, with as few
: > dependencies as possible -- so alowing for lazy loaded respose writers
: > seems like a better choice to me -- but i recognize that there are
: > size/feature trade offs.
:
: There are advantages though - being able to replace the JSP pages with
: something more malleable and potentially overridable.   And it's really not
: that heavy weight.

absolutely -- there are always trade offs, hence i am not opposed

(although to repeat an early comment from jira: i'd still rather move
towards the Admin UI being impled entirely with request handler XML
response and browser side XSLT then with velocity -- that way we can be
*sure* that our request handlers are exposing *everything* needed to power
the admin UI, so it's all available programaticly as well)

-Hoss