lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr 1.4.1 news entry
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:39:18 GMT
: Anyone got any opinions on how we write the news entry? I'm not seeing a
: previous bug fix release for Solr to go by.

we havne't had one before.

: Personally, I'm thinking short and sweet unless I get some suggestions:

i think you're on the money -- the nature of a bug fix release is that
there aren't any features to hype -- at best we could hype the number of
bugs fixed, but it would be bad to single out specific bugs because people
might only upgrade if they think those bugs affect them (and not notice
that other less-hyped bugs in CHANGES.txt do affect them)

-Hoss